librelist archives

« back to archive

e s

e s

From:
Phil Hudson
Date:
2015-02-24 @ 14:40
Can anyone point me to a page where 'e s' works as expected (download
embedded media) for them? I'm beginning to suspect that I've
config-tweaked myself into non-functionality, because I've never found
one, and this might help me debug.

-- 
Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

e s

From:
Ivy Foster
Date:
2015-03-21 @ 01:03
Phil Hudson wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a page where 'e s' works as expected
> (download embedded media) for them? I'm beginning to suspect
> that I've config-tweaked myself into non-functionality,
> because I've never found one, and this might help me debug.

I think the problem is that media scrapers are always
running after a moving target. In the meantime, you could
try passing mpv[1] or youtube-dl[2] (which mpv calls, by the
way) the uri of the page.

  [1] https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv
  [2] http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

Sorry for the broken threading; I'm replying to
http://librelist.com/browser//conkeror/2015/2/24/e-s/

Re: [conkeror] e s

From:
Phil Hudson
Date:
2015-03-21 @ 16:08
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 at  1:03:19 am GMT, Ivy Foster <ivy.foster@gmail.com> wrote:

>   [1] https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv

Thanks Ivy, mpv is new to me. Looks like a usable workaround.

-- 
Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Re: [conkeror] e s

From:
Benjamin Slade
Date:
2015-03-21 @ 17:27
can  this be set up to be triggered within conkeror? 

Ivy Foster <ivy.foster@gmail.com> writes:

> Phil Hudson wrote:
>> Can anyone point me to a page where 'e s' works as expected
>> (download embedded media) for them? I'm beginning to suspect
>> that I've config-tweaked myself into non-functionality,
>> because I've never found one, and this might help me debug.
>
> I think the problem is that media scrapers are always
> running after a moving target. In the meantime, you could
> try passing mpv[1] or youtube-dl[2] (which mpv calls, by the
> way) the uri of the page.
>
>   [1] https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv
>   [2] http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
>
> Sorry for the broken threading; I'm replying to
> http://librelist.com/browser//conkeror/2015/2/24/e-s/

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr Benjamin Slade
pgp fingerprint: 21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{sent by mu4e on Emacs running under GNU/Linux}
(Choose Linux, Choose Freedom)

Re: [conkeror] e s

From:
Scott Jaderholm
Date:
2015-03-21 @ 20:58
I use shell-command-on-url. An example of use with mpv would be this:

set_default_browser_object("shell-command-on-url", browser_object_links);
define_key(content_buffer_normal_keymap, "x", "shell-command-on-url");
external_content_handlers.set("application/octet-stream","mpv");
external_content_handlers.set("text/html","mpv");

then you can type "x 0 RET" if you're on a youtube video page and it should
start streaming/playing it.

Scott

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Benjamin Slade <slade@jnanam.net> wrote:

> can  this be set up to be triggered within conkeror?
>
> Ivy Foster <ivy.foster@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Phil Hudson wrote:
> >> Can anyone point me to a page where 'e s' works as expected
> >> (download embedded media) for them? I'm beginning to suspect
> >> that I've config-tweaked myself into non-functionality,
> >> because I've never found one, and this might help me debug.
> >
> > I think the problem is that media scrapers are always
> > running after a moving target. In the meantime, you could
> > try passing mpv[1] or youtube-dl[2] (which mpv calls, by the
> > way) the uri of the page.
> >
> >   [1] https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv
> >   [2] http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
> >
> > Sorry for the broken threading; I'm replying to
> > http://librelist.com/browser//conkeror/2015/2/24/e-s/
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Dr Benjamin Slade
> pgp fingerprint: 21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> {sent by mu4e on Emacs running under GNU/Linux}
> (Choose Linux, Choose Freedom)
>

Re: [conkeror] e s

From:
Phil Hudson
Date:
2015-03-22 @ 17:10
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 at  8:58:35 pm GMT, Scott Jaderholm 
<jaderholm@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Scott. 

> set_default_browser_object("shell-command-on-url", browser_object_links);
> define_key(content_buffer_normal_keymap, "x", "shell-command-on-url");
> external_content_handlers.set("application/octet-stream","mpv");
> external_content_handlers.set("text/html","mpv");

This should allow us to type '0' to select the current buffer's URL, right?

-- 
Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Re: [conkeror] e s

From:
Phil Hudson
Date:
2015-03-22 @ 17:22
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 at  8:58:35 pm GMT, Scott Jaderholm 
<jaderholm@gmail.com> wrote:

> then you can type "x 0 RET" if you're on a youtube video page and it should
> start streaming/playing it.

And there's the answer to my question. On the very next line.

Sheesh. Do I feel stupid.

Sorry.

-- 
Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Re: [conkeror] e s

From:
Kinley Dorji
Date:
2015-03-22 @ 17:37
Nothing to feel bad about. Isn't that rather like confessional programming?
:)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 11:22 PM Phil Hudson <phil.hudson@iname.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 at  8:58:35 pm GMT, Scott Jaderholm <
> jaderholm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > then you can type "x 0 RET" if you're on a youtube video page and it
> should
> > start streaming/playing it.
>
> And there's the answer to my question. On the very next line.
>
> Sheesh. Do I feel stupid.
>
> Sorry.
>
> --
> Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
> @UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63
>