librelist archives

« back to archive

Game On! jam

Game On! jam

From:
Justin Clift
Date:
2013-02-12 @ 21:42
Hey all,

Did anyone get to the Game On! game jam last weekend, for
browser based games, which Mozilla was involved in the hosting
with?

  
http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/7/3963538/nyu-polytechnic-and-mozilla-hosting-web-based-game-jam-this-weekend

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
http://www.aeolusproject.org

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Mathieu Loiseau
Date:
2013-02-12 @ 23:11
It took me one hour to find out (along with reading about a couple 
games) but I finally found out that it has been postponed : 
http://gil.poly.edu/2013/02/07/1455/
due to blizzard hazard

Le 12/02/2013 22:42, Justin Clift a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> Did anyone get to the Game On! game jam last weekend, for
> browser based games, which Mozilla was involved in the hosting
> with?
>
>    
http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/7/3963538/nyu-polytechnic-and-mozilla-hosting-web-based-game-jam-this-weekend
>
> + Justin
>
> --
> Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
> http://www.aeolusproject.org
>
>


-- 
Mathieu Loiseau (LIRIS – équipe SILEX)
Bâtiment Blaise Pascal — INSA de Lyon
20, av. Albert Einstein
69100 Villeurbanne
http://www.lezinter.net/~lzbk

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Justin Clift
Date:
2013-02-13 @ 16:02
On 12/02/2013, at 11:11 PM, Mathieu Loiseau wrote:
> It took me one hour to find out (along with reading about a couple 
> games) but I finally found out that it has been postponed : 
> http://gil.poly.edu/2013/02/07/1455/
> due to blizzard hazard

I wonder if the cancellation provides us an opportunity?

i.e. If we get to find out about the new date with enough
time, we could ask the Mozilla people there to point people
at the newer BQ repo instead of the old "official" Moz one.

Just thinking... :)

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
http://www.aeolusproject.org

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Jérôme Andrieu
Date:
2013-02-13 @ 21:06
Hi,

The guy of mozilla who was supposed to speak at the event was:
James Socol: http://jamessocol.com/.


Jérôme

ps: the "moz repo" isn't currently owned by a guy of mozilla, but by "sork"
from littleworkshop.fr
Maybe we can ask if they have unreleased stuff.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Justin Clift <jclift@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/02/2013, at 11:11 PM, Mathieu Loiseau wrote:
> > It took me one hour to find out (along with reading about a couple
> > games) but I finally found out that it has been postponed :
> > http://gil.poly.edu/2013/02/07/1455/
> > due to blizzard hazard
>
> I wonder if the cancellation provides us an opportunity?
>
> i.e. If we get to find out about the new date with enough
> time, we could ask the Mozilla people there to point people
> at the newer BQ repo instead of the old "official" Moz one.
>
> Just thinking... :)
>
> + Justin
>
> --
> Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
> http://www.aeolusproject.org
>
>


-- 
...

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Mathieu Loiseau
Date:
2013-02-13 @ 22:12
Hi,
yeah, it's probably a good idea to mention that this repo active remains 
active (working on new functionnalities — DB !! :-D ). Maybe some people 
would feel like joining the project…
I don't think little workshop have any unreleased stuff. They have 
contributed to this repo after their last commit on the mozilla one. 
Plus, when I contacted them upon working on the project, they directed 
me here as the most up-to-date/active version.
Does anyone feel like writing to James Socol (or going through the 
"Lecollinet brothers") ? (Or do you prefer writing it collaboratively 
through the wiki before then ?)

Mathieu

Le 13/02/2013 22:06, Jérôme Andrieu a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The guy of mozilla who was supposed to speak at the event was:
> James Socol: http://jamessocol.com/.
>
>
> Jérôme
>
> ps: the "moz repo" isn't currently owned by a guy of mozilla, but by 
> "sork" from littleworkshop.fr <http://littleworkshop.fr>
> Maybe we can ask if they have unreleased stuff.
>
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Justin Clift <jclift@redhat.com 
> <mailto:jclift@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 12/02/2013, at 11:11 PM, Mathieu Loiseau wrote:
>     > It took me one hour to find out (along with reading about a couple
>     > games) but I finally found out that it has been postponed :
>     > http://gil.poly.edu/2013/02/07/1455/
>     > due to blizzard hazard
>
>     I wonder if the cancellation provides us an opportunity?
>
>     i.e. If we get to find out about the new date with enough
>     time, we could ask the Mozilla people there to point people
>     at the newer BQ repo instead of the old "official" Moz one.
>
>     Just thinking... :)
>
>     + Justin
>
>     --
>     Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
>     http://www.aeolusproject.org
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> ... 


-- 
Mathieu Loiseau (LIRIS – équipe SILEX)
Bâtiment Blaise Pascal — INSA de Lyon
20, av. Albert Einstein
69100 Villeurbanne
http://www.lezinter.net/~lzbk

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Justin Clift
Date:
2013-02-14 @ 13:55
On 13/02/2013, at 10:12 PM, Mathieu Loiseau wrote:
> Hi,
> yeah, it's probably a good idea to mention that this repo active remains
active (working on new functionnalities — DB !! :-D ). Maybe some people 
would feel like joining the project…
> I don't think little workshop have any unreleased stuff. They have 
contributed to this repo after their last commit on the mozilla one. Plus,
when I contacted them upon working on the project, they directed me here 
as the most up-to-date/active version.
> Does anyone feel like writing to James Socol (or going through the 
"Lecollinet brothers") ? (Or do you prefer writing it collaboratively 
through the wiki before then ?)

As a thought, the Little Workshop guys have been pretty
supportive/encouraging of us any time I've emailed with them.

They're just super busy with things, and kind of "over" the
whole BrowserQuest project. ;>

James Socol seems even more busy than the Little Workshop
guys, but will eventually respond to emails (after a couple
of reminder pings in my experience).

I guess it wouldn't hurt to email James Socol and see what
he says.

+ Justin


> Mathieu

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
http://www.aeolusproject.org

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Justin Clift
Date:
2013-02-14 @ 14:48
On 14/02/2013, at 1:55 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 13/02/2013, at 10:12 PM, Mathieu Loiseau wrote:
>> Hi,
>> yeah, it's probably a good idea to mention that this repo active 
remains active (working on new functionnalities — DB !! :-D ). Maybe some 
people would feel like joining the project…
>> I don't think little workshop have any unreleased stuff. They have 
contributed to this repo after their last commit on the mozilla one. Plus,
when I contacted them upon working on the project, they directed me here 
as the most up-to-date/active version.
>> Does anyone feel like writing to James Socol (or going through the 
"Lecollinet brothers") ? (Or do you prefer writing it collaboratively 
through the wiki before then ?)
> 
> As a thought, the Little Workshop guys have been pretty
> supportive/encouraging of us any time I've emailed with them.
> 
> They're just super busy with things, and kind of "over" the
> whole BrowserQuest project. ;>
> 
> James Socol seems even more busy than the Little Workshop
> guys, but will eventually respond to emails (after a couple
> of reminder pings in my experience).
> 
> I guess it wouldn't hurt to email James Socol and see what
> he says.

Emailed him to ask if the Game On! jam will be back on again,
and if it is whether he's ok to point out the new BQ repo
location for potential contributors.

Let's see what happens. :)

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
http://www.aeolusproject.org

Re: [browserquest] Game On! jam

From:
Justin Clift
Date:
2013-02-15 @ 13:35
Heard back from James Socol:

> Hey Justin,
>
> I believe the event was just postponed, yeah, but I haven't heard 
anything about new dates. Hopefully I'm still able to make it.
>
> I wasn't really planning on talking about BrowserQuest, but I'll 
certainly point people in the direction of the continuing development.
>
> Cheers,
> ~j

So, better than nothing. ;>

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
http://www.aeolusproject.org